Director of Growth Marketing
We’re Ash & Erie, the first major brand for shorter men. We’re a small team based in downtown Detroit and dedicated to helping men 5’8” and below look and feel their best. It goes beyond shirts, pants, patterns, and even fit. It’s the feeling of confidence knowing that there’s an entire brand that believes your height is perfect.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of Growth Marketing will be responsible for developing and executing our growth strategy, encompassing both customer acquisition and retention marketing. You will help build and drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the customer funnel by setting the roadmap and through constant testing. This will require you to wear multiple hats within Digital Product, Marketing and Creative to identify and execute on opportunities to drive growth. Additionally, you will own setting key performance targets (CAC, CPA, Retention, LTV), forecasting and reporting on results.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company at the ground level and have a direct impact. Since the team will be small initially, you must be both a strategic leader and someone that loves to get their hands dirty. This role will report to the co-founders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Lead strategy, planning, and execution of all marketing and e-commerce initiatives for Ash & Erie across all paid, owned, and earned media
- Responsible for developing and implementing cross-channel customer acquisition and retention strategies, including digital, SEM/SEO, social media, PR, content marketing, email, podcasts, influencer outreach, and sponsorships to build brand awareness and increase sales
- Lead brand development and initiatives across all channels
- Help manage and implement site enhancements, merchandising, promotions, shopping experience, and inventory management to drive sales and improve overall customer satisfaction
- Manage internal team members to maximize team productivity and efficiency and ensure company goals are met
- Develop a reporting framework to effectively track performance across all marketing and web channels and turn that data into actionable insights that increase ROAS, lower customer acquisition costs, and improve repeat purchase rates
- Constantly seek optimization and growth opportunities through A/B and multivariate testing, customer segmentation, creative partnerships, landing page optimization and more
THIS MIGHT DESCRIBE YOU:
- 5+ years of experience in performance marketing, strategy, and ecommerce
- Experience with a digitally native consumer brand, ideally in apparel
- Experience working across the full DTC marketing funnel (customer acquisition, conversion, and engagement) and across the marketing mix (including online and offline channels).
- A background in owning and managing a budget, forecasting, and delivering on monthly goals of spend, CPA, ROAS, Retention, and LTV.
- Experienced with channel testing methodology, lifecycle marketing programs and multiple attribution models.
- Organized and motivated, thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to try new strategies without fear of failure
- Experience building, leading and managing a team of direct reports.
- Experience in growth-stage company highly preferred
If this position sounds like a good fit (pun intended!), we would love to connect! Please email your resume and a paragraph about why you’re interested in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.