We’re Ash & Erie, the first major brand for shorter men. We’re a small team based in downtown Detroit and dedicated to helping men 5’8” and below look and feel their best. It goes beyond shirts, pants, patterns, and even fit. It’s the feeling of confidence knowing that there’s an entire brand that believes your height is perfect.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a freelance PR specialist to increase Ash & Erie’s brand awareness. You would be responsible for researching, identifying, and managing press relationships, content, and more. As a small company, you would lead all PR efforts and work directly with our Director of Marketing and co-founders.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Research media landscape and relevant journalists and authors
- Identify relevant pitch angles
- Conduct outreach and maintain press relationships.
- Leverage personal connections and network in the media industry to optimize coverage opportunity
- Develop PR Strategy
- Track and report on KPIs
THIS MIGHT DESCRIBE YOU:
- 3+ years of experience working in PR for a consumer brand
- A proven track record of successful PR campaigns
- Connections within the media industry and network of journalists, editors, and contributors
- Excellent communication skills whether in-person, on video calls, or through emails and Slack messages
- Attention to detail (so no relationships fall through the cracks)
- Self motivated, positive, and high energy
- Experience working with D2C brands or within apparel industry preferred
This is a remote, freelance position. If it sounds like a good fit (pun intended!), we would love to hear from you! Click here to apply.