We’re Ash & Erie, the first major brand for shorter men. We’re a small team based in downtown Detroit and dedicated to helping men 5’8” and below look and feel their best. It goes beyond shirts, pants, patterns, and even fit. It’s the feeling of confidence knowing that there’s an entire brand that believes your height is perfect.
We’re looking for someone to work directly with our Product Development Manager and support our product development team. You will be a crucial part of designing and bringing all Ash & Erie products to life each season.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Evaluate samples and production orders to ensure all garments meet fit and quality expectations. Sample evaluation includes checking measurements, wash testing, and analyzing garment construction.
- Manage fittings with fit models and suggest improvements based on observations and feedback.
- Examine and review products to improve quality, construction, and other details.
- Support the Product team on other product development activities.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 0 - 5 years of experience in technical design, fashion design, product development, or related field
- Desire to work in a very fast paced startup environment
- Creative problem solving and project management abilities
- Strong communication skills across all channels with an ability to get the message across
- Great attention to details and deadlines with exceptional organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or Google equivalent
This position is based in person out of our downtown Detroit office. This role is a freelance, hourly position to start.
If it sounds like a good fit (pun intended!), we would love to connect! Click here to apply.