We’re Ash & Erie, the first major brand for shorter men. We’re a small team based in downtown Detroit and dedicated to helping men 5’8” and below look and feel their best. It goes beyond shirts, pants, patterns, and even fit. It’s the feeling of confidence knowing that there’s an entire brand that believes your height is perfect.
Ash & Erie is seeking a talented and motivated freelance part-time apparel Technical Designer to join our design team at our Detroit or NYC office. In this role, your expertise in garment construction, fit, and production processes will contribute to the creation of garments that not only look great but also fit perfectly.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with the design team and fit models to conduct thorough fittings and assessments of sample garments, providing feedback and making necessary adjustments to achieve optimal fit and comfort.
- Work closely with manufacturers and suppliers to communicate technical details, resolve production issues, and ensure the consistent quality of finished garments.
- Review and revise current technical documentation, including pattern files, measurement charts, and construction guidelines.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A strong portfolio showcasing expertise in pattern making, garment construction, and technical design.
- In-depth knowledge of garment fit, construction, and manufacturing processes.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to meticulously assess and adjust measurement charts for optimal fit and comfort.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with both internal teams and external suppliers.
- Experience with menswear or tailored garments is a plus.
- Prior experience in a technical design role is necessary.
- The role will require in person fittings. You must be comfortable meeting in person with fit models and taking body measurements.
This is a part-time, freelance position based at our Detroit or NYC office.
If it sounds like a good fit (pun intended!), we would love to hear from you! Please click here to apply.